Adult Formation Classes, Weekly, 9:30 am
Equipping the Saints, Lower Level of Heyward Hall, 9:30 am
Christian Mission- Far and Near
During the season of Epiphany, the lectionary focuses on spreading the gospel. We are offering a new Adult Formation series, which relates to this theme, called, “Christian Mission, Near and Far.” Classes rotate between Bible studies on the Acts of the Apostles, and presentations by guest speakers who are actively involved in service and evangelism in our community, state, and internationally.
- January 19- Bill Taber, executive director of The Cooperative Ministries: Our local outreach to the poor in Columbia and throughout the Midlands.
- January 26- Jason Lockhart: The persecution and scattering of the Jerusalem believers; Philip & Peter’s missionary journeys (Acts 8-10)
- February 2- Art De Gennaro, Advisory Council Chairman for Kairos at BRCI: The ministry of Kairos, establishing a Christian community inside prisons in South Carolina through the transforming love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.
- February 9- Lee Rambo: Paul’s first & second missionary journeys (Acts 13-18)
- February 16- The Rev. Scott Fleischer: Paul’s third missionary journey (Acts 18:23-21:17)
- February 23- The Rev. Frank B., team leader with Frontiers: contextualizing the good news for Arabic people in North Africa.
The Wired Word, Parlor, Main Level of Heyward Hall, 9:30 am
This class applies Scripture to current events in our nation and in the world. If you like discussing your faith in the context of the real world, with a small group who have a diversity of viewpoints, then you’ll love The Wired Word. Moderated by Brock Dillard.
Adult Formation, Monthly, After the 8 am Service
Early Morning Sunday School Class
(Meets from February - May on the first Sunday of the month)
Feasts of the Bible
Discover how "The Feasts of the Bible" can enrich your worship of Jesus. God's redemptive plan is unveiled through the feasts of Israel and illustrate the Jewish roots of Christianity as well as explain history and symbolism in the Old Testament. This series will open our eyes to the Lord's provision, love, and care for us. Inspire us to worship God. Point to our glorious future with Messiah. Facilitated by Davis Bourne. Breakfast is served.
Youth and Children, 9:30 am
3K and 4K
Our youngest Sunday School students will participate in the Little Lambs curriculum, This class meets on the main level of Heyward Hall, across from the Children’s Chapel and nursery.
This class will continue with the Holy Moly! curriculum, which combines video lessons with storytelling, activities, and discussion. This class meets in the upper level of Heyward Hall, in Room 226.
Our oldest elementary students will use Episcopal Children’s Curriculum this year. They will meet in Room 215, upper level of Heyward Hall.
Middle School & High School
Middle and High Schoolers will meet in the upper level of Heyward Hall in their respective youth rooms. There, they will engage in curriculum designed for students their age.