Equipping the Saints, Lower Level of Heyward Hall, 9:30 am
Christian Mission- Far and Near
During the season of Epiphany, the lectionary focuses on spreading the gospel. We are offering a new Adult Formation series, which relates to this theme, called, “Christian Mission, Near and Far.” Classes rotate between Bible studies on the Acts of the Apostles, and presentations by guest speakers who are actively involved in service and evangelism in our community, state, and internationally.
- January 26- Jason Lockhart: The persecution and scattering of the Jerusalem believers; Philip & Peter’s missionary journeys (Acts 8-10)
- February 2- Art De Gennaro, Advisory Council Chairman for Kairos at BRCI: The ministry of Kairos, establishing a Christian community inside prisons in South Carolina through the transforming love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.
- February 9- Lee Rambo: Paul’s first & second missionary journeys (Acts 13-18)
- February 16- The Rev. Scott Fleischer: Paul’s third missionary journey (Acts 18:23-21:17)
- February 23- The Rev. Frank B., team leader with Frontiers: contextualizing the good news for Arabic people in North Africa.